There are a number of things that shake one’s life up. Some big some unnoticeable, at the time, but all contribute to the future and how it winds away from today.
So, Many things have been shaking since I last posted.
1. Clifford is now at a welder’s shop getting fitted for his Smart Car bed. Work is beginning as I type.
2. Katie the cockapoo went 40 days without a seizure!!!! longest period before this was 18 days and the longest period before that in the past 2 years was 14 days. Big milestone for her. We will see if this next gap can beat 40 days.
3. Sister-in-Law has finally admitted to herself that she is not going to be able to live independently and has agreed to go into assisted living until she can prove that she does not need it anymore… but, she is back in the hospital, again, initially from a bad fall, but while there some notice has been made of a “spot” on her heart so we are just waiting for more tests to see what it is. A search back over her records from a year ago showed that It was there at that time, too but no one bothered to mention it? We will see what we will see.
4. Daughter-in-Law, Christi has started a new job. Seems to really love it and is certainly well suited for the work, too.
5. Likewise, Daughter Carol has really been enjoying her job at Coke since January and is really blooming in it.
6. The other “kids” are all employed and succeeding and seem to be happy so things in the jobs department have stopped quaking for awhile.
7. Merrily continues with her work. Last fall she moved to a shortened work week (35 hrs) and has stayed with that by choice if we can keep our chins above the debt level in this tank. It has really made a difference in her attitude and her comfort at home. She does not seem so tired all the time and this has been good given the other stresses of her sister’s predicaments.
8. We have a week vacation planned at Hatteras in May. Clifford is supposed to be ready for the trip according to the welder and Merrily and I are clearly already “ready” to be there. But with the way things seem to rock and roll around here we will believe it when we are there.
9. City Inspector just came by and claims that someone complained that someone is living in our RV in our back yard. That’s gonna leave a mark!
Lots of other little tremors but so far nothing to knock us off of our feet… but it does take a lot of paying attention to stay upright.