The rain we are finally getting has been wonderful. It has been desperately needed around here. But Mer and I have gotten some sort of stomach bug. Hers has now taken her voice and we are pretty drained at the moment but still kicking.
Other than this news of dubious importance, not much else has been going on. I am still waiting to hear back from the insurance guy about the rest of the claims for damages from the tornado. So far, I have fronted about $2k towards repairs with another few hundred to go.
We are still aiming to leave here around the 17th of August and heading down to visit with Mer’s brother, Bob, his wife and family. After that, the plans are pretty open until Dec 1.
Here’s hoping that all this rain means more civilized temperatures.